Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday Boy!


Can we just pretend like I didn't just skip Christmas, New Years, and all of January? I just needed a break from blogging. But I am back now because things must be said:
Today my little man is four. For some reason this feels like a much bigger deal than three. He is not a toddler any more, he is a boy! I love him more each day. This last year was probably the hardest year I have had in parenting to date. It was full of sin…mine and his…frustrations….mine and his… and lots of prayer. We have seen each other for what we are…we are both sinners in need of Jesus grace. And I love Carter more because of it. I am beginning to see a glimpses of change in him. All the credit goes to Jesus who continues to work in spite of my sin and failure. He is growing into such a thoughtful boy. He praises me graciously for the “lovely dinner” I cooked. He loves to be a helper and thrives on responsibility. He is always concerned for his sister’s safety when we are out and about (as she tears off down the sidewalk with abandon). He is so intelligent. We have been going through the Story of God for children. It asks a lot of questions after the story and he can usually answer the questions with a good amount of detail. For example after talking about the story of Noah he asked me, “Why didn’t God just take away the bad people and make good ones?” A pretty theological question for a four year old I thought. He loves to play with his stuffed animals, playing rescue, jungle, and zoo. He also loves trucks and cars and trains. He is the man with the plan and always has a game to be played.

I am so thankful for my son. He is a treasure from God. I love him so much!


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Carter. He's a cutie, and it's great to hear how faithful God is being to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved what you had to say! Happy Birthday Carter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good Momma Bethany. I hope Colton ends up to be as well behaved as Carter when he is 4. We both know my kid has a long way to go in the behavior department! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

What we do...well, mostly just what the kids do